Dr. Gillian Riley graduated from the Australian National University with a MBBS in 2007. She worked for two years in Tamworth gaining her general medical registration and experience in psychiatry, obstetrics, paediatrics and emergency medicine.
In 2009 she commenced General Practice training in Queanbeyan and Jerrabomberra. During this period she also worked as a Visiting Medical Officer at Queanbeyan District Hospital and in the Queanbeyan Emergency department.
In 2012 she worked as an Obstetrics registrar at Moruya district hospital. As a result of this experience she attained an advanced Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and a certificate in Sexual health and Family Planning.
She returned to Queanbeyan where she worked as a GP obstetrician for two years until family commitments caused her to move to Newcastle where she practised in Anna Bay for a year.
She has now returned to the Canberra region and is pleased to be working at Gungahlin Medical Centre two days a week.
Dr. Riley enjoys providing comprehensive General Practice care across the whole of the lifespan. Her specific interests include:
- Women’s health – include pap smears, contraception and menopause care
- Pregnancy care – preparing for pregnancy, shared antenatal care and postpartum care
- Breastfeeding medicine
- Caring for children and adolescents of all ages
- Mental health
Dr. Riley has experience in the following procedures and is happy to discuss whether you are an appropriate candidate:
- Insertion and removal of IUDs (including mirena)
- Insertion and removal of implanon
- Iron infusions
- Skin checks and minor skin excisions
- Pap smears and comprehensive women’s health care